Sunday, November 28, 2010

Chapter 15: California


I love California. Born and raised here throughout most of my life. Even though I have visited other states, nothing ever compares to California. We are blessed with a Mediterranean climate, fertile fields, a urban megalopolis, diversity of people and culture. When I moved to gloomy Seattle, I missed California's weather dearly. I've never been happier when my parents decided to move back to the Sunshine state.


Urban California

  • 90% of Californians live in one or another of California's 25 Metropolitan Statistical Areas
  • Los Angeles is the US's 2nd largest city. 
  • Most Californians reside either in Los Angeles or San Francisco. 
  • Urban megalopolis is shaped by our use of automobile thus result of heavy traffic and smog.
Ethnic Diversity
  • Southern California has become one of the main destination for immigration. 
  • 9.9 million people in county of Los Angeles.
  • Largest Mexican metropolitan outside Mexico, 2nd largest Chinese metropolitan area outside China, 2nd largest Japanese metropolitan outside Japan, largest Korean, Filipino and Vietnamese metropolitan area outside their countries.

Sources:

No comments:

Post a Comment